Monday 4 July 2011

i really do know better;


In my defense though I leave my hometown in less than 30 days to an entirely different country to be with people I’ve never met. Trying to keep up with my friends that I won’t be seeing for five months straight is hurting my sleep schedule.
Staying up until 3am and drinking sugary drinks and eating all the bad food I could get my hands on was so much fun, but so stupid to have to deal with the after effects.
My two good friends haven’t seen Transformers one or two; so I said we should probably watch them because I believe they are just the best things ever. Not to mention that the third movie, the one that just came out is AMAZING! I shed a tear, not going to lie!
We decided to have a movie marathon, and watch them both in one night. I am happy to say I got through the first one successfully, but when we started up the second movie at 1am I was having a tough go of it. I drank all the sugar drinks, had all the candy and popcorn I could but I fell asleep at around 3am. I did not finish the movie and to be honest I barely remember watching the second movie because I was so focused on trying to stay awake that the head bob took over and all though I was awake I wasn’t really awake.
This morning waking up at 10am was a real treat, not to mention I forgot my meds at home so I piled all the sugar/food in my body just to make it on the drive home.
I got home, took my meds and well crashed for about an hour nap. I am still exhausted; my body just aches from being so tired.
I know all the sugars and bad food makes me crash harder, but man oh man I had forgotten was exhaustion really felt like. I do not know if anyone else gets the body aches when they are feeling tired but basically it feels like I have the flu or I just had the most exhausting workout. Either way it’s safe to say my decision last night to hang out and stay up late with my friends is going to be a two-day recovery catching up on sleep. I am not sure if it was totally worth it, but spending time with my friends before I leave is super important to me. I just need to find a better balance!
I am off to work out, as I have mandatory workouts five days a week in order to get ready for the demanding pre season for soccer!
Lets hope I don’t fall asleep running! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment