Saturday 31 May 2014

Pura Vida;

I'm extremely saddened to be coming home, but I'm going home with a happy heart.
"The cure for all is salt water; sweat, tears or the ocean."
I will stand behind that quote till my dying day. It really is the truth. I feel a thousand times better after the gym, after a good cry or vent with a friend or my mom. And the ocean has to be the most relaxing and rejuvenating thing we got on this planet. I may have grown up in the mountainous area but I am an ocean girl at heart. The quote may direct you to think I was in a bad place when I left or I was in need of a cure. That's not true, I was however not completely happy. I didn't feel alive with what I was doing on the daily. I have goals and dreams of traveling and I need to look more at working to achieve those than simply just existing to get by.
It's always been a toss up as to what country I've been to that's been my favourite. This trip kind of cleared the air on that subject, Costa Rica is it. It's that country, they've just got it all. They're happy, they're positive and they really take advantage of all the land has to offer. It's a gorgeous country, and the people I met on the trip made it a thousand times better. It's not just about where you go or what you do it's half as much about who you meet and who you experience things with. The three girls I roomed with on the trip were the people I needed to share these experiences with. They wanted to run out in the thunderstorms just to feel the rain just as much as I did. They wanted to drive around on ATVs pretending to speak Spanish for a whole day. They wanted to drop in on waves that destroyed us, go for runs that turned into walks and go skinny dipping even when the guards to the pool said no. They wanted to stay up late to talk about the serious stuff, our dreams, our goals and our pasts. They told stories that captivated my attention and made me feel what they felt in those moments. They're my kind of people and I'm lucky we all crosses paths. It's amazing how much you can get to know someone in 2 weeks time, it's remarkable how much I've laughed in the past two weeks because of them. I'll surely be seeing them this summer, or at least chatting with them!

Pura Vida!

1 comment:

  1. Lucky girl to have traveled to such an awesome place. Looking forward to finally getting my passport this summer for future travels ;) Keep enjoying life girlie despite narcolepsy!

    ReplyDelete